Interoperability and Health System Integration
Expectations of a Health CIO - Lessons for Healthcare Vendors and Jurisdictions about Interoperability
12:00 - 2:00 PM ET
Live, interactive, online session using Webex
Instructor - Roger Girard, Former CIO, Manitoba eHealth
Mr. Girard will speak to his experiences as a CIO across Canada and will provide a historical perspective of the evolution of Health Informatics and eHealth over the past 15 years. He will reflect on the crucial role of the CIO in the advancement of interoperability and health system integration. He will also reflect on the roles of vendors and jurisdictions, and what lessons we have learned along the way. He will attempt to provide a response to two key questions: what could we have done differently? And, what can we do differently going forward?
- Have an understanding of how Canadian jurisdictions have progressed in Health Informatics and eHealth over the past 15 years and the extent of the effort that remains
- Gain an appreciation of the changing nature of the CIO role in the evolution of Health Informatics
- Be able to understand some of the lessons learned from past successes and mistakes, and what action is required in the future.
- Emerging leaders in Health Informatics, eHealth and Health IT within the vendor and service provider communities
- Anyone involved in developing or advising on various eHealth-related policy within jurisdictions, at the federal, provincial and local levels.
Cancellation & Refunds
Become a NIHI Colleague
Request to be a NIHI Colleague
Become a Student Colleague
Request to be a student (NSF) colleague
Find an Expert
Search NIHI Colleagues
Search Student Colleagues
Applied Health Informatics
Learning and Assessment Site
Click Here to try it out!
Canadian University and College Programs in Health Informatics and Health Information Management
See the latest survey!
2015-2016 Edition (PDF)
Click Here to View