Data Analytics III:
Hands-on Data Analytic Skills
8 Sessions, 13 Hours
3 Live Online & 5 Recorded
Live Online Sessions: Mondays, February/March, 2021
Each Recording is approximately 2 hours
Recording 1, 2, & 3 will be available after live session 1
Recording 4 & 5 will be available after live session 2
Live Online Sessions
Mondays, February/March, 2021
12:00 - 1:00 PM ET
Micro-Certification Pilot Project
Successful completion of Data Analytics I, II, III, qualifies you for new Micro-Certification with NIHI, and McMaster University
Read more about Micro-Certification
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Trevor Strome, MSc, PMP
Manager, Digital Airport Solutions, Winnipeg Airports Authority; Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, College of Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Manitoba; NIHI Instructor; Author "Healthcare Analytics for Quality and Performance Improvement"
The goal of this course is to provide skilled workers knowledge to support the increasing data analytics demands of business, such as health care, across Canada. We will focus on the application of data tools for data analysis in a practical environment.
We will use the most popular programming language, Python, to guide students in a step by step process. We will use online "notebooks" that will allow participants to work on their code without needing to install Python on their own computers.
Upon completion you will be awarded a NIHI - McMaster University Data Analytics III: Hands-on Data Analytic Skills Certificate of Attendance. A Certificate of Attendance is a non-academic certificate acknowledging that the recipient has completed a minimum of 10 hours of education has successfully completed the Opening and Closing Questionnaires, and any required homework material.
- You do not need to take the NIHI - McMaster University Certificate Course called Data Analytics I or Data Analytics II in order to register for this course.
- You do not need to have any prior experience with the Python programming languange or download the software to your computer.
- Session 1 (Live) - Course Overview and Introduction - 1 Hour
- Session 2 (Recorded) – Introduction to Python
- Using the online notebooks
- Basic Python programming overview
- Session 3 (Recorded) – Data Structures
- Loading, cleaning and manipulating data in Python
- Session 4 (Recorded) – Descriptive Statistics
- Analyzing and visualizing data using descriptive statistics
- Session 5 (Live) - Content Review, Q&A, Assignment Discussion - 1 Hour
- Session 6 (Recorded) – Advanced Analytics
- Building predictive models in Python, for example:
- Neural Networks
- Session 7 (Recorded) – Fitting In
- Getting Python to work with your organization's analytics ecosystem.
- Session 8 (Live) - Course summary, Q&A - 1 Hour
- Anyone responsible for developing or utilizing analytics in public or private sector organizations
- Chief Analytics Officers
- Chief Data Officers
- Chief information officers
- Data Scientists
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Data Analysts
- Policy Analysts
- Systems / Business Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Consultants and solution providers who need to offer analytics-related products and services to private and public sector organizations
- Technical architects and developers who design and build cloud, mobile, and other analytical solutions.
For Questions or Assistance Please Contact Us
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN